The term virtualisation is a word used by the IT industry to describe a number of complex technologies. From a business perspective the key benefits of using virtualisation are:
- Run multiple operating systems on a single hardware platform
- Improve business continuity and reduce downtime
- Faster deployment of desktop and laptops with fewer support calls
- Deploy software applications that need to run on older operating systems
- Use a virtual environment to develop and test new software to minimise risk to live systems.
- Reduce space utilisation and use less hardware
- Consolidate and secure your data storage using snapshots and replication
When you work with IT Champion we ensure that virtualisation technology is part of your business computing strategy if its appropriate. Our systems engineers are certified to deploy and support Hyper-V from Microsoft and the suite of VMware virtualisation products and tools.
Our portfolio of virtualisation solutions include:
• Infrastructure Virtualisation
• Storage Optimisation & Virtualisation
• Network Virtualisation
• Desktop Virtualisation
• Application Virtualisation
• Datacentre Consolidation
• Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
• High Availability
• Installation & Support
Why Would My Organisation Need Virtualisation?
With virtualisation you can create a more agile and adaptive IT infrastructure, reducing costs and minimising downtime. There are many benefits with virtualisation and they apply to all the elements of your IT infrastructure, including:
• Server Consolidation – Run multiple operating systems on a single server.
• Simplified Back-Up and Improved Disaster Recovery – Improve business continuity and provide a high availability infrastructure to reduce scheduled and unscheduled downtime.
• Improved Desktop Management and Control – Faster deployment of desktop PCs, laptops and notebooks
• Hosting Legacy Applications – Deploy applications that need to run on older operating systems.
• Reduced Testing and Development Costs – Use a virtual environment to develop and test new applications, minimising risk to live systems.
• Consolidate Your Data Storage – Use snapshots and replication with the latest storage area network (SAN) and data storage virtualisation technology.
How Can IT Champion Help?
The first step in assessing your specific virtualisation requirements is to book a capacity report with one of our accredited virtualisation engineers. Planning and scoping a virtualisation project can be a daunting task for any IT professional. We can help you to conduct a capacity planning exercise to gather and analyse your current computing environment, network infrastructure and performance data to determine your specific virtualisation requirements.
We help you to collate the following key information when we undertake a virtualisation capacity plan:
• IT infrastructure assessment
• Network and storage requirements
• Hardware consolidation report
• Implementation costs
• Business case and return on investment analysis
• Recommendations and next steps
Virtualisation technology can deliver high levels of availability, fault tolerance and provides disaster recovery protection that is suitable for even the most mission critical environments. We are authorised to supply and build industry leading virtualisation platforms for cloud infrastructures and on-premise business computing environments. With virtualisation technology we can help your business to manage its IT resources and business applications efficiently and effectively.